Saturday, 5 April 2014

COLOUR ME HAPPY

Hello fellow bloggers! Something a little different from me today. I've had a good old craft this afternoon, and turned an old tissue box into my "Portable Pen Holder"!
From this (well sort of; I forgot to take a pic before I started!):
to this:
The tissue box was donated to me by my neighbour,she thought I might cut out the flowers and leaves to use, but I thought I make this instead! I covered it with some paper from my stash (I have done the top aswell!) and added some heart ribbon that I bought from Lidl of all places! Thinking about it, I think the paper was from there too! I added a strip of burlap, then attached my coloured image. This one is from Saturated Canary (LOVE LOVE LOVE Krista's work). She's called "Copica" but as I use Promarkers, I've coloured the pens to look like THEM! (Can I call her "Promarka"?!! lol)
I have printed out the words on my PC, distressed the edges and used some Distress Ink to colour them up a little. The flowers were a GIT to cut but here's how I did it...I used a piece of the burlap stuck to some double sided "sticky" film and cut them with a die using my Big Shot. It was a little difficult to say the least (someone PLEASE tell me there's an easier way?!). I think the burlap proved a bit too strong to cut but I got there in the end. I added some buttons as the flower centres, and glued some little wooden pegs around the top; I'm thinking I can maybe clip some colour combos  to them?!
Oooh...and the whole thing (excluding ribbon and burlap) has been given a coat of Mod Podge!
It holds about 12 pens, which is usually enough for me to colour an image, and it saves me carting around over 100 pens wherever I chose to colour! :-)
Hope you like it. I'm going to try and stay awake tonight for Alyce's "Live Colour Along" over at Kit and Clowder . Not holding out much hope though, as it doesn't start til 11.00pm! We shall see!
Big hugs from me!
Fiona xx
Challenges entered:
http://notrealstamps.blogspot.co.uk/ "Alter something"
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/ "Clean and simple" -my project helps keep me CLEAN and tidy, and I am SIMPLE!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saturated-Canary/187643881271635 "Anything goes"
 http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.co.uk/ "Anything goes"




6 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Lovely recycling project. I think you've coloured her in beautifully.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I could do with something like this as my pen holder is just not big enough anymore. The image is coloured to perfection. Love Alison xxx

Shell said...

oh I just love this....it's stunning..thanks for sharing with us at Digi Galore.
Shell xx

Sue Bridesmith said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw next Saturday.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
XX

Artesania said...

Hi ,that is fabulous ! A fantastic colouring and supercute Image.Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I love ProMarkers challenge this week!
Good Luck!
Greets Gudrun

Hazel said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 23: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x